Saturday, March 28, 2015

Giving Hope

I'm sure we have all played the game where you state the super power you would like to have most, and it can be challenging to say the least because their are some great powers to have. I often find myself stumped at this as my mind races through the X-Men movies or the Hero's television show.

 
******

The other night I had a dream that I had come to possess a power, and it was quite different from those discussed in conversation. My power was simply to make people happy.

Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy

It is not as easy as it may sound, making people happy. You can't really "make" someone feel... but I suppose that is where the super power comes into play. While handing out large sums of cash (that I don't have) would be pretty awesome, I think happiness truly comes from something else, some other place.

Life is simple; life is beautiful. The best of times are right here for us to grab onto. Unfortunately, even the best of us can tend to have difficulty with this. I myself can get lost in the clouds and begin seeing too much darkness. Maybe society as a whole is to blame for this. Perhaps we as individuals are just as much at fault, if not more. Who knows? I suppose this is why we all need a little help to make our way through; another hand to help guide us. But, there are times I can see clearly. Times that I wish I had that power; the power to give happiness and offer hope.

I want people to see what I see in those moments. When beautiful sunsets are happening all of the time, even at noon hour, if you look real heard. When serene is a blanket that covers our shoulders and shelters us from any and all chaos. When kaleidoscopes gently brush at the outer edges of our eyes and help us focus on the precious gifts that do in fact fill our lives.

If I had that power to bestow onto others, perhaps we wouldn't be having those conversations. Talking about having a super power to make our lives somehow better. We could just... be.

No comments:

Post a Comment