Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Return

It has been five months and a bit since my last post to this blog. Times have been busy with family obligations that have kept me running, it seemed, in circles. Circumstances have not necessarily changed all that much, but I've learned to prioritize and organize a little better...... and so, I return. But when I say 'The Return' I mean much more than just me coming back to the pages of the Challenging Barriers blog.
I refer to something I think we can all relate to and could use a little of, and that is the return of good times, of taking a much needed breath, of stepping back and seeing our lives the way we once did in a moment of clarity. (we all get these moments from time to time) The return to grace.

Life can offer us challenges and unexpected occurrences that can alter our paths. Sometimes these hardships are barely within our control, if they are at all. But with work , patience, and a little faith, 'The Return' can become a reality. Because I do not believe in lost causes, not if there is no good reason for us to lose hope.... there is no need to give up when more strength can be found, as we can fight together.

The story of love lost can be found;
The darkness can become the light it once was;
The difficulties can again become easy;
Sorrows can work their way back to happiness;
The soul of the fallen Angel can, and will, rise again;
And those that offer supportive hearts will benefit by an unrelenting gratitude of love and admiration.

I believe that the current obstacles I find myself facing will, in time, be overcome, just as I have overcome challenges before. I believe in the return of serenity, in time, to those near and dear; along with all those who feel the shadow of darkness.
I believe this to be true because the alternative is too ugly to consider....... because I believe in things like hope, love, strength, virtue. If felt lost, it can all return...... because I believe it is within us all.

That, is 'The Return'.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you phrased your thoughts here, Mark, well said.
    Especially this part I love: "The story of love lost can be found;
    The darkness can become the light it once was;
    The difficulties can again become easy;
    Sorrows can work their way back to happiness;
    The soul of the fallen Angel can, and will, rise again;
    And those that offer supportive hearts will benefit by an unrelenting gratitude of love and admiration." It almost reads like poetry!

    ReplyDelete